At the Tallahassee Chamber, we’re focused on elevating and engaging in local issues and political processes that support our local business community. There is no other organization focused on reaching every business, elected official, and citizen in this region to advance a pro-jobs agenda.
To further this mission, we’ve:
- Provided input to City staff on more than 10 current policies to advance a business-friendly environment.
- Advanced business sector representation on eight City and County government committees, providing direct input on BluePrint infrastructure projects, downtown, and midtown development.
- Supported pro-jobs and pro-business policies and met with key local government officials, education and workforce leaders to cross-share priorities and expand engagement.
Talent, Workforce, & Education
It is our goal to elevate our region as the Talent Capital of Florida by addressing talent gap shortages, driving job creation, and promoting educational opportunities.
To support this goal, we’ve:
- Collaborated with more than 30 community stakeholders and members of our Talent Development Council to develop a two-year strategic plan to address our community’s talent needs.
- Powered TalentHub – a platform sharing educational training and accessible job opportunities – engaging 10,000 registered users.
- Launched two statewide Talent Pipeline Management networks with 51 graduates.
- Executed a local Talent Pipeline Management program with leaders in healthcare and technology industries to advance skills readiness for the future of workforce.
- Launched a pilot program with Godby High School to increase student completion of the FAFSA, taking the school from last place in the district to first place with an 83% FAFSA completion rate – a 36% increase.
- Received recognition by the Florida Chamber for the strategic outcomes of our talent, workforce and education engagement to advance our community.
- Looking ahead, we’re conducting the first-in-Florida Worlds of Work event in October to reach every Tallahassee ninth grader with an interactive career experience across more than a dozen industries.
We are a support system for every Tallahassee business to create jobs, opportunities, and success. Each day, the Tallahassee Chamber advances opportunities that encourage business expansion, retention, and recruitment while supporting business-friendly initiatives.
To further this mission, we’ve:
- Supported new company attraction efforts with more than 100 engaged business leaders, in coordination with the Office of Economic Vitality, targeting key sectors, including Information Technology, Healthcare, and Manufacturing.
- Engaged with City and County leadership to advance businesses expanding.
- Collaborated with the Capital City Chamber and Big Bend Minority Chamber to advance small business networking and promotion across key programs.
Community & Prosperity
We believe there is a correlation between a strong business community and a high quality of life. Through programs and initiatives focused on poverty, educational resource gaps, and neighborhood collaboration, the Chamber is working to strengthen the prosperity, livability, and safety of our community.
To support our community, we’ve:
- Partnered with dozens of stakeholders and the Affordable Housing Workgroup to address challenges and solutions.
- Addressed reading level gaps and other needs through the Classroom Connection program, with more than 60 businesses engaged in our Title 1 elementary schools, and distributed summer learning kits to over 300 kindergarteners.
- Raised more than $9,000 to assist with resources gaps in our Title 1 elementary schools. To date, funds have been used to distribute summer learning kits to over 300 kindergarteners and to provide books and school supplies.
- Partnered with Second Harvest of the Big Bend to provide Power Packs with snacks and activity books to Title 1 elementary schools.